07/04/2008

scraps, calef brown and woman carrying

For this patchwork I am going to use small sample scraps as well as the larger ones with color names such as anis,cilantro and lila. The samples are from a Spanish textile company. Putting it together will be a challenge. I hope I finish it this year!;) It will not be a quilt but a patchwork blanket so it may be a little easier ( I doubt it), the key word being maybe.

Via Book by Its Cover I discovered the amazing Calef Brown.

Rosa sent me this link of amazing photograph(s) of women carrying coal and knitting at the same time and today I received an email from Sheep Street Yarn Shop where I bought some Manos yarn when I was in Boston a couple of summers ago and through them I found Brittany Needles with another woman travelling and knitting at the same time.

Patricia sent me this wonderful link of a photograph by Boubat of portuguese women carrying baskets of flowers and other amazing links of photographs. Wonderful and inspiring :) Precious photographs ....thanks to you both!

1 comentário:

zeliaevora disse...

And why do they bother to send you these things? hahhahaha So WE can read them:) yay!

Love your blog everyday!