13/05/2007

too small

I thought my quilt top was done but it is too rectangular with only 12 blocks. Going on to 16. I am loving the process.

Big:

When finished (putting the woolen quilt together and while hand quilting it at my slow pace) I would like to move on to working with linen. I started a pillowcase awhile back, but I think I will make it a quilt. Luckily, I read this entry from the very beautiful Purl Bee blog . There I found the work of Jen Bervin who transposed poems and fascicles of my all time favorite poet, Emily Dickinson onto quilts. Amazing.

4 comentários:

daniela disse...

Está a ficar muito bonita mesmo. Depois quero ver ao vivo ;)

mimi k disse...

amazing! I Love it! Someday I will get to making a wool quilt- it is on my very long list of projects :-)

Anónimo disse...

Minha senhora que manta de retalhos tão adorável. É linda, linda.
Você deve ter perdido muito tempo a fazê-la, uma vez que é composta por retalhos muito pequenos.
Aprecio o seu esforço.
Bem haja
Renata Beirão

Anónimo disse...

Tens que me dizer o que escreveste, mas ela está linda e fizeste uma obra prima nas juncões.
Adoro-a.
Também acho que este é um quilt.
Beijo
Sandra